Facilities at The Benson Hall
There is a large kitchen with kettles, tea urn, fridge, microwave and dishwasher, together with plenty of crockery and cutlery for up to 100 people. There is a large stainless steel serving table the niddle of the kitchen. The bar has a selection of glasses available and a wine fridge. Hirers of any of the facilities can use the kitchen free of charge.
We have a comfortable committee room capable of seating up to 20 people around a large refrectory style table.
Main Hall and Stage
Tables and Chairs
- 100 upholstered chairs are available in the main hall, with further chairs in the store Room.
- Tables of various sizes are stored in the main hall or in the store room
- More chairs are available if needed.
- Use of the kitchen for teas and coffees is included in the room rent
- There is a single stable door from the kitchen to the main hall with a full size bar/serving hatch. There is also a fire door to the adjacent committee room.
- Seated audience: 130 depending on layout.
- Dances: 140.
- Chairs aand Tables: 90 depending on layout.
- Legal limits: 250 standing only.
- Hall dimensions: 12.1m x 8.3m=100.4.3m².
- Stage dimensions: 8.3m x 3.3m=22.4m²
- Dimmable LED lighting in the ceiling.
- Wall-mounted up-lighters with dimmer control.
A sound system is available to users; please request a demonstration before using for the first time. The sound system includes the following:
- Playing CDs and MP3 files on a USB stick.
- Connection of an iPOD/iPAD, mobile phone or laptop computer using a 3.5 mm jack (provided), phono plugs or Bluetooth.
- A handheld radio microphone.
A small mixer is provided in a cabinet on the stage, together with the CD player, connections for the wired microphone and laptop etc, a BluRay player and the projector controls. A large mixer is available for connection at the rear of the Hall, to which the microphones and can connect as well as anything else connected to a stage box located in the stage wings.
A projector mountinng bracket is permanently installed above the Main Hall, with lead and computer HDMI connections.
Please request a demonstration before using a projector for the first time.
Stage Information and Lighting
- Two sets of stage access steps are available, stored on the stage. They may be used with the basic stage or with the stage extension. Handrails are available for the stage steps.
- Stage back wall lighting is available to general users.
- A stage extension is usually installed which extends the stage forwards into the Hall but can be removed if reuired. The extension is 1.2m deep and 5.9m wide. See photos in our portfolio section under the facilities tab
- Full stage lighting is available by arrangement