recycling plant

Waste Disposal and Recycling News

As advised by the Wiltshire Council

Christmas Collections Christmas 2020/21

For the remainder of the holiday period, until things return to a normal pattern of collections on the week commencing Monday 18th January please refer to the Wilts Council Collections Diary

Great News - You'll soon be able to recycle even more

From 30th July you will be able to recycle:

  • Plastic pots, tubs and trays
  • Drink and food cartons

In addition to the usual plastic bottles and cardoard, you can include yoghurt pots, plastic trays, margarine tubs, ice cream tubs and juice, milk and soup cartons. These can all go in your blue lidded bin.

Please rinse and squash your recycling where possible.


As advised by the Wiltshire Council

Your Kerbside Collection Calendar

The introduction of a proof of address scheme at Wiltshires household recycling centres. From 9 April 2018, residents visiting the sites may be asked to provide a proof of address in order to use the household recycling centre. This must show that the visitor lives in Wiltshire (excluding the Swindon Borough Council

Residents will be sent a leaflet with their council tax bill advising them of the introduction of the proof of address scheme. Residents should receive these from 12 March 2018. Residents will be advised on site about the changes through banners and leaflets. In addition, the council will promote the changes on the councils website, through press releases and social media updates. During the introduction phase of the scheme, residents from outside the county or residents who do not provide their proof of address will be advised of the changes but will be allowed to deposit their waste on that occasion.

Frequently asked questions

Below are some questions and answers which have been prepared and will be provided to residents on the councils website.

What is changing?

From 9 April 2018, users may be asked to provide a proof of address in order to use the household recycling centres. This must show that you live in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon Borough) as these sites are funded by Wiltshire Council for use by residents.

What will prove that I live in Wiltshire?

A form of ID which shows your name and full address will be required. Acceptable examples include:

  • Driving licence
  • Council tax bill
  • Utility bill (either a printed or an electronic version is acceptable)
  • Your van and large trailer permit, if you are visiting the site in this type of vehicle.
  • Digital versions (e.g. an electronic copy of a utility bill which displays your address on a phone or tablet) are acceptable.

When will this start?

You may be requested to show your proof of address when visiting HRCs from 9 April 2018.

Will I be allowed to visit the site if I do not have my proof of address?

No, you may be asked to leave without being allowed to dispose of your waste.

Will my details be recorded and stored?

The site operators will only ask to see your proof of address, they will not record or keep this information.

If I live outside Wiltshire, can I pay to visit the site?

No, residents who live outside the Wiltshire Council area should use the sites provided in their own local authority area.

Will I have to present my proof of address every time I visit?

Yes, you may be asked for your proof of address each time you visit any of Wiltshire Council's recycling sites.

Can the council provide a car sticker instead of me having to prove my address each time I visit?

There are currently no plans to provide car stickers as an alternative to residents providing their proof of address.

Why are you requiring proof of address?

To ensure that access to sites is protected for anyone living in the Wiltshire Council area. Dealing with waste is becoming increasingly expensive and as these sites are funded by Wiltshire Council for use by its residents we need to ensure that we do not incur costs associated with receiving waste from people who live in other councils' areas.

People who do not pay their council tax to Wiltshire Council should use the sites provided in their own local authority areas.